- Medical Emergency
- ED Admin
- Critical Care
- Disaster Medicine
- Geriatrics Medicine
- Musculoskeletal & PSA
- Injury Prevention
- Ethical Issues
Abstracts Submission is now Closed
Announcement of Final Presenters: 19th September 2022
Registration Deadline: 3rd October 2022
* Any submissions after the deadline, will be considered only as poster abstracts
Special Rate will be offered to Accepted Abstract Presenters
Selected Abstracts Submitted in ESEM19, ESEM18, ESEM17 and ESEM16 were published in the European Journal of Emergency Medicine.
ESEM19 Accepted Abstracts Click here to view
ESEM18 Accepted Abstracts Click here to view
ESEM17 Accepted Abstracts Click here to view
ESEM16 Accepted Abstracts Click here to view
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the ESEM website.
NOTE: Abstracts submitted by email, fax or post will NOT be accepted. The Conference organizers will not accept responsibility for any abstracts that have not been properly submitted according to the instructions.
Corresponding authors must provide the organizers with their full mailing address, office hours phone number, fax number and email address.
Author and co-author information must be provided including the first and last names of all authors, their department, institution / hospital, city, state if applicable and country.
Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author(s). All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as a free paper or a poster and its decision is final. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts for grammar and clarity. The Abstract may be scheduled for presentation on any day during the conference.
- The title must be brief, concise, and in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Abstract title limit: 20 words.
- Authors: Please enter your name and your colleagues’ names as you wish them to appear in the Final Program.
- The Abstract text should have a minimum of 250 words and maximum of 800 words only.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the rights to redact any submission.
- You are permitted a maximum of 3 keywords per Abstract. If more than 3 words are entered, only the first 3 will be recognized.
- A maximum of 1 table can be submitted and each table should only have a maximum of 5 columns and 10 rows. All figures/ tables/ graphs included in the abstract must be submitted in JPG/ BMP / GIF format with a maximum width of 9cm, and resolution up to 150 dpi. Only TWO figures/ tables/ graphs are allowed for each abstract.
- A maximum of 1 figure can be submitted and should be in jpg/ bmp / gif formats with a maximum of 350 pixels and 200 KB
- Please note that these figures/ tables/ graphs may be resized to fit the final printed material.
- Do not include references in the abstract.
- Do not include keywords in the abstract.
- Abbreviations should be spelled out, in parenthesis, in its first use in the abstract.
Oral Presentation Format
Once your abstract is accepted as an oral presentation, the secretariat will contact you for further information and instruction. You may note oral presenters will have up to 10 minutes for their talks.
- Poster Presenters are required to bring the printed hard copy of the Poster based on the specification to the venue. Poster presenters are responsible for mounting and taking down their poster during the conference.
- The hard copy of the posters (printed as per the guidelines) must be mounted on the respective Poster Number Locations.
- Posters should be on display throughout the conference.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Information should be summarized using brief written statements, graphic materials, such as photographs, charts, graphs, and diagrams mounted on standard size poster boards (84 cm X 110 cm), pins or other mounting materials will be supplied.
- Authors must prepare all posters beforehand in a form enabling easy mounting.
- Poster orientation must be portrait. Clear labels must be used for each section of the poster. The text should be of sufficient size for easy reading at a distance of 1.5 meter (between 16-20 points).
- Title must be displayed clearly at the top of the poster and should include the names of the author(s) and the institution(s).